When you search online, analyst A says you should invest in ecommerce, while another recommend logistics. Or data computing. Or media & entertainment. What about lifestyle companies? Maybe finance sector is still the best?
It’s either you’ll have to choose between the companies or just have the money to invest in all of them. Unless there is one company which has its business diversified into all the sectors AND performs well in all the sectors too. But is there such a company? YES, and it’s none other than the ecommerce giant, Alibaba.
In the quarter ended June 30, 2017:
• Revenue was RMB50,184 million (US$7,403 million), an increase of 56% year-overyear.
• Revenue from core commerce increased 58% year-over-year to RMB43,027 million (US$6,347 million).
• Revenue from cloud computing increased 96% year-over-year to RMB2,431 million (US$359 million).
• Revenue from digital media and entertainment increased 30% year-over-year to RMB4,081 million (US$602 million).
• Revenue from innovation initiatives and others increased 21% year-over-year to RMB645 million (US$95 million).
This year 2017, Alibaba
• became Asia’s first company to exceed the $400 billion valuation mark
• is ranked first for revenue growth in cloud computing sector with worldwide cloud revenue more than doubling last year
• tops Amazon to Become the Biggest E-Commerce Company
• Alibaba Cloud will roll out its big-data service, called “MaxCompute”, in Europe in the second half of 2017 to tap into growing demand for data-processing and analytics from local enterprises
• Alibaba announced its intent to invest a further RMB100 billion (US$15.2 billion) over the next five years into research and development in logistics data technology, to develop smart warehousing, smart delivery and global logistics infrastructure
• Expand its empire by investing into New Retail
So, what now?
Looking at Alibaba’s current performance and handful of plans, you may wish to consider investing in this ecommerce giant before its share price continue to increase any further. Preferably in a product which can give you extra protection, something which has a feature call “protection barrier”. Like a structured note
This article was constructed from a personal point of view for reference purpose, NOT sponsored by Alibaba Group.
Please refer to http://www.alibabagroup.com/en/news/press_pdf/p170817.pdf for Alibaba’s June Quarter’s financial results.
For more information, Check out our current/ newly launched investments at: http://www.nebafinancialsolutions.com/current-notes
Or contact us at email@example.com for further enquiries.
Visit www.nebafinancialsolutions.com to see our Structured Products and UCITS Funds http://www.nebafinancialsolutions.com/Risk-Rated-Portfolio-DFM, http://www.nebafinancialsolutions.com/real-asset-fund