Every May, Deutsche Bank releases its annual “Mapping the world’s prices” report, listing the cost of goods and services in 50 major cities across the globe.
To determine the cost of living worldwide, the bank looks at everything from the price of an iPhone 8 to how much the average rent costs for a two-bedroom apartment.
For instance, if you are looking for a weekend getaway, a trip to Copenhagen will set you back the most, followed by Milan, Oslo, Tokyo, and Amsterdam, while a trip to Istanbul is easier on your bank account.
If you can’t afford a whole weekend, maybe you should settle for a date night — but know that it’s 30% more expensive for a dinner for two at a neighbourhood pub in Zurich than in the next four cities, Copenhagen, Oslo, Tokyo, and Amsterdam. Zurich is also the most expensive city to buy a movie ticket and to get a standard men’s haircut.
Meanwhile, those in London may be keeping their date nights at home. The city tops the chart for most expensive monthly transportation ticket and is the second most expensive for movie tickets and car rentals.
But that’s all mostly discretionary spending — something that those living in Hong Kong, New York, San Francisco, Paris, and London may not have a lot of, considering they reside in the top 5 cities with the highest monthly rent for a two-bedroom apartment.
Check out the full list of cost to buy 15 things in various cities around the world below:
- Cost of a monthly rent in a two bedroom apartment
2. Cost of a mid-sized car
3. Cost of a weekend getaway
4. The cost of a monthly gym membership
5. The cost of a pair of Nike or Adidas sneakers
6. The cost of a basic dinner for two
7. The cost of monthly public transportation ticket
8. The cost of men’s standard haircut
9. The cost of a pair of Levi Jeans
10. The cost of a summer dress
11. The cost of an iPhone 8
12. The cost of a pack of Marlboro cigarettes
13. The cost of a movie ticket
14. The cost of a 2-liter of Coca-Cola
15. The cost of a pint of beer
Source: Business Insider
Visit www.nebafinancialsolutions.com to see our Structured Products and UCITS Funds http://www.nebafinancialsolutions.com/Risk-Rated-Portfolio-DFM, http://www.nebafinancialsolutions.com/real-asset-fund